Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer is running OS X 10.5.8 (which cannot update) and my iPad is running the updated iOS 7.0.2 and now I can't use my iPad on my iTunes 10 (which cannot update). Any suggestions?

I now realize I shouldn't have updated my iPad to iOS 7.0.2, but according to other support communities questions I cannot reverse the update. iTunes 11 is required to use my iPad on my Macbook, however I cannot update to iTunes 11 without running OS X 10.6.8. I would love nothing more than to update from 10.5.8, but my Macbook is early 2008 and according to its serial number it cannnot be updated.

So far as I can tell there are only three solutions, to which I have no answers: 1) Somehow remove the iOS update from my iPad, 2) Somehow update my iTunes, or 3) Somehow update my Macbook OS X.

I would really like to be able to use my iPad on my laptop, so if anyone has ANY advice on how to move forward I would greatly appreciate it.

MacBook (13-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 10:38 PM

3 replies

My computer is running OS X 10.5.8 (which cannot update) and my iPad is running the updated iOS 7.0.2 and now I can't use my iPad on my iTunes 10 (which cannot update). Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.