Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac 10.8.5 Update - Bluetooth and Wacom Wireless Graphire problems

Alright.

So I recently updated my Mac Software to the recent 10.8.5 and now I'm having multiple problems.

I have a wireless Graphire Wacom tablet that has been working smoothly with my new iMac via Linksys USB adapter for almost a year now. Right after I updated with the newer software, my Bluetooth died. After a couple hours I discovered this Bluetooth failure happened to a bunch of people who also updated to 10.8.5. and eventually I got it fixed up with the download of yet another update that seemed to fix it but now I'm not so sure.

My wireless tablet is the only Bluetooth device I own and when I tried to reset the bluetooth device it cannot seem to locate it at all.

So far I've tried:

• Restarting the computer
  • Shutting down and unplugging the computer
  • Re-installing the current wacom driver
  • Unplugging all USB devices and restarting

And now all I'm getting is this:

User uploaded file

Does this have something to do with my tablet? Is it the wireless adapter? Or is this a bluetooth problem?

Everything was working perfectly until after the update.

If anyone can help weigh in on this problem I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm out of ideas and without a solution and I need my tablet funtioning asap.

iMac, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 10:24 AM

Update*

Problem solved. I feel rather silly about it actually but props to Mac for this kind of update.

Just in case anyone else happens to have the same problem with a wireles USB device, try:

• Removing the wireless USB adapter
  • Restart your computer
  • Set up Bluetooth device and try connecting your wireless device without the wireless USB adapter

Your device should now pair without the wireless adapter. This is a pretty clever new update.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2013 10:24 AM in response to rikuensilence

Update*

Problem solved. I feel rather silly about it actually but props to Mac for this kind of update.

Just in case anyone else happens to have the same problem with a wireles USB device, try:

• Removing the wireless USB adapter
  • Restart your computer
  • Set up Bluetooth device and try connecting your wireless device without the wireless USB adapter

Your device should now pair without the wireless adapter. This is a pretty clever new update.

Mac 10.8.5 Update - Bluetooth and Wacom Wireless Graphire problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.