Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes crashed/ stuck after sleep on Mac - anyone else affected?

When I leave iTunes running for any length of time I find it is no longer working when I return to it (application is running but has spinning wheel of death) .

As a resuIt have to use Force Quit and restart iTunes. Is anyone else having the same issue?

I'm running iTunes 11.1.1 (11) on OS X 10.8.5 (12F45) on my Late 2012 Mac Mini with the media on an external NAS.

I've had a lengthy chat with Apple support but to no avail - they suggested a fresh iTunes install but I declined due to the downside and my suspicion it wouldn't fix the problem. BTW this only seemed to start occuring after the September updates (i.e. stable before)

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 4:38 AM

6 replies

Nov 18, 2013 2:03 PM in response to VonDutch123

I have the same issue. I never had a problem until recent updates. Some of my media is on an external drive. I typically leave iTunes open to allow streaming to apple tv.

After logging back into the system after it has slept, I can CMD+Tab between apps, but apple menu is unresponsive. Switching between desktops works, and I can pull up force quit with the keyboard shortcut to kill iTunes. Many mouse intereactions do not work.

iTunes crashed/ stuck after sleep on Mac - anyone else affected?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.