Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar colours broken suddenly, and odd new calendar called, "New List"?

Hi,

So, suddenly today iCloud has changed the colours of two or three of my calendars spontaneously after them being the same colour for months, and won't let me change them back - after a sync they just revert to whatever iCloud has decided they must now be.

I've checked in BusyCal (my default) and Calendar, and changes to either of them are just reverted on sync. There doesn't seem to be a way to change colours in iCloud itself.

Also, I now have a new calendar in iCloud all of a sudden called, "New List", with a tick next to it. If I delete it it just comes back on next sync. This doesn't appear in iCloud or in Calendar, only BusyCal.

Help?

EDIT: I'm running 10.8.5. Apple's Discussion board doesn't seem to want to let me change my device details no matter how hard I try.

Mac mini (Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 256GB SSD, 500GB HDD, 8GB RAM

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 5:47 AM

23 replies

Oct 13, 2013 4:51 AM in response to Scotch_Brawth

I too don't use BusyCal so it is clearly an iCloud problem. Robinotter is correct.

A MESSAGE TO APPLE: when a new bug is identified and you're trying to fix it, it would show respect to your users to send out a NOTICE about the new bug, and the fact you're aware of it and working on it, to save all of us the time and annoyance of fruitlessly trying to figure it out ourselves.

Oct 13, 2013 2:38 PM in response to Scotch_Brawth

Suddenly (for about a week now) all but two of my color-coded calendars in Busycal are now black. It seems that Busycal will only allow me two colors. If I control click on a calendar to change the color, it allows me to do that, but then changes another calendar to black, so I can only have two colors at once. This is really a problem, because I have 8 calendars to track. Please help.

Oct 14, 2013 12:00 AM in response to Scotch_Brawth

Just want to add in that I have this problem as well. It is definitely an iCloud problem as when I log in to iCloud and attempt to change the colours they will change back right away to the colour that iCloud has decided I need to have.

For me it started after I installed the OSX 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0. OSX 10.8.5 from before the Supplemental Update worked normally and did not have this problem.

Calendar colours broken suddenly, and odd new calendar called, "New List"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.