Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6th generation nano freezing after 1.2 update

Hi,

I just did the update on my 6th gen nano (16Gb on my Windows 7 PC) and it seemed to go well until I unplugged it (after ejecting it properly of course). Its EXTREMELY slow in swiping and when I get to any setting I want to click on, it doesn't work at all. I've tried resetting (Power/Sleep & Vol down) twice but its the same problem all over again.....

Rodney

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 9:07 AM

5 replies

Oct 11, 2013 12:47 PM in response to RodFromSGP

Hello RodFromSGP,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like your iPod Nano is not functioning correctly after updating it with iTunes.

I would have started with a restarting the unit and resetting it as well. Next I would recommend restoring the iPod Nano with iTunes to re install the OS on it.

Restoring iPod to factory settings

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1339

How to restore iPod

1. Verify that you have an active Internet connection, because you may need to download new versions of the iTunes and iPod Software.
  2. Download and install the latest version of iTunes if necessary.
  3. Open iTunes. Connect your iPod to your computer using the USB or FireWire cable that came with your iPod.
  4. After a few moments, your iPod will appear in the Source panel in iTunes.
  5. Select your iPod in the Source panel. You will see information about your iPod appear in the Summary tab of the main iTunes window.
  6. Click Restore.
  7. If you are using a Mac, you will be asked to enter an administrator’s name and password.
  8. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen, indicating that stage one of the restore process has begun. When this stage is done, iTunes will present one of two messages with instructions specific to the iPod model you are restoring.
    • Disconnect iPod and connect it to iPod Power Adapter (typically applies to older iPod models).
    • Leave iPod connected to computer to complete restore (typically applies newer iPod models).
  9. During stage two of the restore process, the iPod displays an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remain connected to the computer or iPod power adapter during this stage.
    Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see, because the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
  10. After stage two of the restore process is complete, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear. It will ask you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences, as it did when you connected your iPod for the first time.

All the very best,

Sterling

Oct 12, 2013 7:52 PM in response to sterling r

Hi Sterling,

thank you for your prompt reply. I've tried restoring my iPod nano twice using the above method (on Windows 7 thru iTunes with 1.2 update software) and its still the same problem. Its EXTREMELY slow (like 5-10 seconds per movement) and I have to tap twice on every icon in order for it to work.

I tried restoring it using iTunes on a Macbook Air (1.2 update - returning it to Mac-formatting) and it works perfectly! But my music library is on my PC running Windows 7.....I'm confused now....

6th generation nano freezing after 1.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.