Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does using Touch ID set your "require Passcode setting" to immediately without allowing other options such a 1 minute?

When using touch ID why are you ubale to change the pascode frequency? It defaults to "immediately" and doesn't give any other choices....

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 9:00 AM

14 replies

Oct 28, 2013 9:44 AM in response to JRollDC

+1 This is extremely annoying. There's no reason using Touch ID should force me to re-auth my phone at a higher frequency.

Previously, I had a 4-digit PIN code set to ask for auth every 15 minutes. Now, I've set a much longer unlock password and added Touch ID, which is a big step up in device security.

If users are allowed to be more relaxed about device security using the 4-digit PIN, why can't use my own discretion and allow myself to use a (e.g.,) 15-minute re-auth timeout while using Touch ID?

The only reason I can see this as a valid restriction is if people are using Touch ID for their iTunes password as well. If I turn off Touch ID for iTunes purchases, I would expect to be able to set whatever re-auth timeout I wanted.

😠

Oct 28, 2013 1:43 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

I understand what you are trying to express to you the problem I have with your argument. Logically, if every problem in the world as it is today is flawed. Therefore, if such issues were handled in the manner as your response is somewhat cyclical in an unproductive sort of way?

Touch ID is a welcome feature in the new iPhone 5S supports fingerprint unlocking of your device. Be that as it may seem like it would work similarly to a previous feature such as PIN code. A simple time-out option is not unreasonable to think that I could unlock my phone for a time I thought I was crazy.

Do you get what I'm trying to say that you're wrong.

Oct 28, 2013 2:15 PM in response to pmacek

pmacek wrote:

I understand what you are trying to express to you the problem I have with your argument. Logically, if every problem in the world as it is today is flawed. Therefore, if such issues were handled in the manner as your response is somewhat cyclical in an unproductive sort of way?

Touch ID is a welcome feature in the new iPhone 5S supports fingerprint unlocking of your device. Be that as it may seem like it would work similarly to a previous feature such as PIN code. A simple time-out option is not unreasonable to think that I could unlock my phone for a time I thought I was crazy.

Do you get what I'm trying to say that you're wrong.

No, I don't get what you're trying to say. Perhaps you should post in your native language.

Oct 28, 2013 3:22 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

TJBUSMC1973 wrote:

It's training day 62, so we're getting ready to graduate next week along with Delta company. Here at recruit training, we expect a few things out of you. Number 1 is speed intensity. If you move fast then things are going to be easy on you. Remember why you came here? You came here to become a marine. Don't ever forget that. The first few weeks are probably the hardest weeks. As long as you make it through there, it gets a lot easier. You just watched the graduation, and I can't remember the last time I saw a brand-new marine that didn't want to be a marine at this point in training. Once you decide that you want to become a marine, don't ever forget it. Does that make sense?

I expect a few things out of a forum response: Number 1 is intelligence coherence.

Oct 28, 2013 3:53 PM in response to pmacek

pmacek wrote:

TJBUSMC1973 wrote:

It's training day 62, so we're getting ready to graduate next week along with Delta company. Here at recruit training, we expect a few things out of you. Number 1 is speed intensity. If you move fast then things are going to be easy on you. Remember why you came here? You came here to become a marine. Don't ever forget that. The first few weeks are probably the hardest weeks. As long as you make it through there, it gets a lot easier. You just watched the graduation, and I can't remember the last time I saw a brand-new marine that didn't want to be a marine at this point in training. Once you decide that you want to become a marine, don't ever forget it. Does that make sense?

I expect a few things out of a forum response: Number 1 is intelligence coherence.

I have no idea where you got that, or how it is relevant to our current discussion.

Nice profile pic, though.

Oct 28, 2013 6:23 PM in response to ceelum

I don't read or write French but I can use Google Translate. If you'd like Apple to include additional features, use the feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Best of luck.

Je n'ai ni lire ni écrire le français, mais je peux utiliser Google Translate. Si vous souhaitez Apple pour inclure des fonctionnalités supplémentaires, utilisez la page de commentaires:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Bonne chance.

Why does using Touch ID set your "require Passcode setting" to immediately without allowing other options such a 1 minute?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.