Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Late 2007 MacBook Pro S-Video adapter no output.

I've troubleshooted everything I can, so hopefully one of you can help me!

My Fiancé's mom has a late 2007 MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion. She has an older tv, so I was wanting to mirror the display so she can watch Netflix on her TV.

After digging around on the Internet, other users said the APPLE M9267G/A adapter solved this problem without the need for a converter box, or upscaler. Needless to say, it doesn't work..

I've tested the cable, port on the computer, and they both work. I've tried running just the yellow Composite video out instead of the S video through the video in on the TV, and a VCR... Nothing.

I used my old Powerbook 1.67, which has an S Video out to the TV, and it works perfect. When I plug the adapter into the Powerbook's Dual Link DVI port, same port as the MacBook Pro, it doesn't work..

I chose S-Video, even though the TV has Component inputs, because other forums said it wouldn't work without an expensive converter box.

They said this would be the solution.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), APPLE M9267G/A

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 8:36 PM

I have a Late 2007 MacBook Pro (MacBookPro3,1) connected to an analog TV via S-Video and the M9267G/A adapter. It worked correctly up to 10.8.3 and broke with the 10.8.4 update.

The 10.8.5 and 10.9 updates have yet to restore functionality. Reverting back to 10.8.3 will likely solve your problem.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2013 8:36 PM in response to Allpaul

I have a Late 2007 MacBook Pro (MacBookPro3,1) connected to an analog TV via S-Video and the M9267G/A adapter. It worked correctly up to 10.8.3 and broke with the 10.8.4 update.

The 10.8.5 and 10.9 updates have yet to restore functionality. Reverting back to 10.8.3 will likely solve your problem.

Nov 5, 2013 7:06 PM in response to dog@home

I never had 10.8.anything. I've always had Lion on my Late 2007 Macbook Pro out of fear that Mountain Lion wouldn't run on my machine. Good thing I didn't upgrade then. I do, however, have the Lion installer on a backup disk, but I don't know if the disk can boot the system or just re-install Lion on a downgrade.

Nov 5, 2013 7:37 PM in response to Allpaul

SAME PROBLEM

My wife and I run identical early 2008 15" MacBook Pro 4,1 machines. Hers is at Osx 10.8.5, mine is at 10.9 (Mavericks)

Neither will run the DVI to s-Video adapter. We have 2 such adaptors and 2 different projectors and no combination works.

On the 10.8.5 machine, it just doesn't work. Nothing happens. It's like nothing was plugged in.

On the Mavericks machine, it kills it... grey screen of death and then reboot.

Cheers and good luck to all.

Nov 6, 2013 8:24 AM in response to dog@home

I just downgraded, and everything is working perfectly under 10.8.3. The lady who I fixed it for would never be able to figure out a dual boot system.

I wonder how we can get Apple to restore this functionality back into 10.8.4 and above, and Mavericks? I can't think of one reason they would puposely disable it... Is there an email address we can send a link to this discussion to?

Dec 20, 2013 4:47 PM in response to Allpaul

Same problem, though with an early-2008 MBP. Things worked fine with 10.6.x and as soon as I went to 10.9 the external display stopped working.

The first time I plug in the adaptor (whether or not there is a video cable attached) the screen goes black and nothing shows up on the external screen. When I unplug the adaptor, I get the display back on the MBP but it's at low resolution and it has put me at the general login screen. When I put the adaptor back in the second time, it essentially locks up the display to where it is black and no key presses or adaptor removals brings the display back. I have to reset the MBP by holding down the power button. I submitted a bug report too, but have no faith Apple will do anything. Big fail, Apple.

Dec 20, 2013 5:15 PM in response to Gringo5000

That's weird! I never updated her computer to Mavericks, so I can't really comment on that.. Maybe someone else can chime in?

I can verify that downgrading to 10.8.3 works like a charm, but I would understand not wanting to. I even tried that Airparrot to enable Airplay ( http://www.airsquirrels.com/airparrot/ ) mirroring to an Apple TV, but it ran terribly.. I guess there's a reason Apple disabled that functionality..

Late 2007 MacBook Pro S-Video adapter no output.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.