Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 / iPad 4: Persistent app store notifications

iOS 7 has been out for a bit now and it's constantly prompting me to update my apps, in this case, 4 of them. Once I go to the app store, nothing shows up under updates. However, if I go through the purchases apps one by one, it shows that I can manually update them with the latest compatible software. I proceed with the update. Next thing I know, we're right back where we started with the 4 apps that need updating.

Any thoughts?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 10:58 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2013 11:04 AM in response to Zathrak

I've had the same issue since (I believe) iOS 7 was released on Sep 18, 2013. I'm also still running iOS 6. The App Store badge will show a certain number of apps (in my case, 5) need to be updated. Then upon entering the App Store, the apps needing to be updated will show the correct number (4 in my case). The cycle then continues/repeats. It may be on Apple's end or it may be some glitch with those devices that are still running iOS 6. This happened before with the iOS 6 release (I believe) and it fixed itself, seemingly over time.

iOS 6 / iPad 4: Persistent app store notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.