Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar changing to purple

I have had numerous calendars, all with different colors, for many years. Just recently, just one of my calendars keeps changing color to light purple. I change it back to red, then the next sync with iCloud changes it back to purple, across all my devices. I tried changing it directly on the icloud.com website, but it won't even allow me to change it there.

This sounds minor, but with many calendars, the colors I subconsiously focus on is very important for my work flow. This just started a month or so ago. But seemed to allow me to manually change color back. But after a while Apple would change my color to light purple again. Now it happens in seconds, not days.

Any fix for this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 15" 2.53GHz i5

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 11:19 AM

9 replies

Oct 13, 2013 6:30 AM in response to srelan

I am having the same issue. All of a sudden my Work calendar events have changed from Green to purple. This is frustrating because I have events color coded. I wonder if Apple will fix this issue. I've attempted to restart and unsync iCloud but it still defaults to purple. It's bizarre.

iPhone 5 iOS 7

iMac 2011 OS X 10.8.5

Chris Ljucovic RN, ASN, CCMA

October 10, 2013

Oct 9, 2013 7:03 PM in response to srelan

It seems that my green work calendar is now purple as well.

In the past work was a light green and personal was a slightly different shade of green. Now it is purple, not my favorite color but it is distinct. It would be nice to pick you own colors

I am an ical user, rarely do I sign in using icloud via the net however this is how all my devices are linked

This happened a while back and then reverted, if Apple would just have some notices of this at least we would know there is nothing wrong. I am getting concerned that my data is not safe !

iMac mid 2011

Mac Book Pro 17 2012

Mac Book Pro 15 2012

iphone 4s

Ipad mini

3 apple tvs

1 aiport extreme

3 airport express's

Oct 13, 2013 5:32 AM in response to srelan

Had a few problems with my Apple devices through time. However, this problem made me sign up on this forum just to make a comment to hopefully give the thread higher priority. I hope something will be done about this issue. Is there a risk all my appointments will be lost? What about my email? Should I stop using iCloud?

MacBook Air 13'' 2011, OS X 10.8.5

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Calendars affected:

Work keep changing to purple

Home keeps changing to blue

Started: October 10, 2013

Oct 13, 2013 7:12 AM in response to srelan

Me too, trying everything to change the colours. I also have several coloured calendars and can not change the main one that continues to appear purple when it should be orange. I have attempted to turn off devices, change on icloud only...etc..but to no avail I find this very frustrating and don't want to bash Apple, but very unprofession. I rely on the colours for a variety of reasons in my business.

What can we do? I need it fixed asap.

Oct 13, 2013 9:12 AM in response to Vsby

Well I did not have orange! Mine was a different shade of green for work, could hardly tell the difference, between work and home (home was a different shade of green) now the purple clearly defines this.

Home is now Blue

Personal is now Green

Work is now purple

No Category is grey

These details are shown in the left side of ical under iCloud. The colors match online on the cloud as well

I think apple has just standardized this, which is something apple has been known to do. Just would love to see some sort of notification.

All of my devices are consistent right now I am using the most upto date software. There does not seem to be an option to select the colors they are set as above, 😐

Oct 13, 2013 12:40 PM in response to srelan

All my business appointments are on Ical.

I would hate to lose all my client and event appointments for the next year.

Time machine is backing up, BUT if Apple loses everything, then my back up will back up the current one and everything is lost? Go back to paper! Yuck...

I don't mind changing colours but they don't stick to the specific calendar.

calendar changing to purple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.