Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reFX Nexus Alternatives and Sylenth 1

Hi, I am looking for a decent alternative to reFX's Neuxs plugin for logic pro, I love the features of the Nexus plugin but i dont like the price tag. So if anyone could point me in the direction of a cheap or preferably free alternative that would be great! I mainly produce house music but dont really like been limited to logic pros inbuilt synths. Also i cant seem to get Sylinth 1 to work at all with Logic Pro X. I am using the demo version and it says it has been installed correctly, however it doesnt show up at all in the plugins manager or where you go to select the plugin.

Also if people could suggest other synths and plugins that would be good for the type of music i produce that would also be a big help!

many thanks

Dan

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 11:06 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2013 1:02 PM in response to danny0239

Sylenth will not work with LPX because LPX requires 64bit AU plugins and Sylenth is only available at this time, as the older 32bit AU plugin which is incompatible with LPX.... The Dev of Sylenth has stated he is working on a 64bit version of Sylenth AU but as yet he has not given any firm dates as to when it might be released... if at all.

There are various workarounds to get 32bit plugins to work within Logic Pro X.. (with varying degrees of success/stability/cost) Just google to find out what these are.... Personally, I prefer to stick with 64bit AU plugins as they tend to work best and for the most part, most plugins have been upgraded to the new 64bit type anyhow.

There are no cheap/free equivilants of Nexus that I am aware of.... For what it is work Nexus 2 is available as a 64bit AU plugin. Nexus 1 is not compatible with LPX because it is only available as a 32but AU plugin.

However, there are many very good Software Instruments that are resonably priced out there. You will have to try some of the demo versions out to find what suits your needs... because the range is so wide and varied both in terms of capabilities and cost.

Finally, the built in Instrument and FX plugins that come free with LPX are very capable once you spend some time getting to know how to use them... Unfortunately, many people over look them and don't realize these built in plugin's true potential simply because they came 'free' with Logic... but when you spend some time learning them and how to use them properly, they can cover a very wide range of sounds and instruments needed for most types of music.

reFX Nexus Alternatives and Sylenth 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.