Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting Email from Mac Entourage (.mbox) to Outlook (.pst)

Is there any possible solution available for importing entourage 2008 .mbox files to outlook pst (office 2010).

I have already tried the import function and other methods available online but have failed every time.

I dont want many but one solution that will be able to transfer over 5000 mails in one go or as few steps as possible.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 1:18 AM

You would need a third party solution to create a .pst file. You can export as .mbox file. This is a cross platform file format and you should be able to import into Outlook on Windows.

There are several tools that can do this. One is Entourge to Windows Outlook

The easiest option is to use an IMAP account for the transfer. Move the messages from your "On My Computer" folders to an IMAP account then add the IMAP account to Outlook on Windows and the messages will download.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2013 1:18 AM in response to BrandtWoods

You would need a third party solution to create a .pst file. You can export as .mbox file. This is a cross platform file format and you should be able to import into Outlook on Windows.

There are several tools that can do this. One is Entourge to Windows Outlook

The easiest option is to use an IMAP account for the transfer. Move the messages from your "On My Computer" folders to an IMAP account then add the IMAP account to Outlook on Windows and the messages will download.

Dec 20, 2013 4:19 AM in response to BrandtWoods

If your MBOX file is corrupt or damaged and you don’t know how to convert this MBOX file into Outlook PST then no need to worry about this entire situation. I’ll tell you a simple solution that can easily convert MBOX files into Outlook PST. You can use this MBOX to Outlook Converter software and convert your MBOX files into PST format. This software also supports these email clients (Pocomail, Thunderbird, Entourage, Mulberry, Spicebird, Apple Mail, Eudora, SeaMonkey, Netscape, Opera Mail, Mozilla mail, Claws Mail, Evolution and Sylpheed etc.). For more information click on: http://www.mboxtopstconverter.pcrecoverytools.com

Use the Free Trial version to see the preview of converted original results.

Mar 31, 2014 9:58 PM in response to BrandtWoods

Email migration using IMAP is always free. It does not work all the time. If you have large email database and need to transfer your contacts, calendars etc, then you can take help of third party email converter tool.

You can Mail Passport Pro can helps you to transfer emails from Apple Mail database, Thunderbird/Postbox Mail Database (SBD directory), Entourage Archive (RGE file) , MBOX to PST, EML to PST for Windows Outlook. An all in one email converter.

Link http://www.mailpassportpro.com/

Thanking you

Apr 10, 2014 4:44 AM in response to BrandtWoods

What kind of email account? IMAP or POP?

Any IMAP email accounts should be easy as you will just need to add the email account to Apple Mail as any messages and folders should be on the email server.

For POP, then you will need to do some sort of export/import. You could try "drag and drop" from Outlook to Mail. I believe this will work, but I don't fully recall.

Bulk mail transfer can be done best with the help of applications.

Here is one I am aware of:- Entourage to Outlook

I hope this helps you

Converting Email from Mac Entourage (.mbox) to Outlook (.pst)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.