Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are YouTube videos not loading properly on Safari?

YouTube videos on Safari are not loading properly. It is as if the YouTube viewing window loads right-justified on the screen. Which ends up being like almost a perfect square on the screen, with the unfortunate result that part of the video is truncated at the right. The same exact video on Chrome loads just fine.

I've just updated Flash and the problem persists.

Here's a screenshot.

User uploaded file

The right part of the image shows a "Google 414 That's an Error" along with the description "The requested URL

/adi/N8380.280090.ACCORDANTMEDIA/B7762596.101545485
... is too large to process. That’s all we know."

Is anyone else having the same issue?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), New to Mac's. Made the "Switch"

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 2:10 PM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2013 2:37 PM in response to Carlos in New York

Hi Carlos ...

Open System Preferences > Flash Player then select the Advanced tab.

Click Delete All under Browsing Data and Settings

Back to Safari. Press Command + Option + E to empty the Safari cache.

Quit and relaunch Safari, try a video.

And make Allow all other plug-ins is selected in Safari > Preferences > Security

Command , (comma) will open the Safari preferences pane for you, or from your Safari menu click Safari > Preferences

If nothing above helped, try troubleshooting Safari extensions.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

Oct 9, 2013 4:26 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks for your quick reply, Carolyn. I was all excited to be able to post a big "Thank You", but unfortunately your suggestions did not work.

I deleted the Browser Settings under the Sys Pref in Flash, did the cache thing, quit and relaunched Safari. Nothing. Then I thought, let me re-start the computer. Also nothing. Then I remembered that recently, upon seeing another discussion here regarding Java, I unchecked "allow Java" under Safari Security Preferences. So I "re" checked the box. Still nothing.

I also tried the Safari plugin suggesiton, and it did not fix the issue.

One question: For your comment "And make Allow all other plug-ins is selected in Safari > Preferences > Security". I assume you mean "And make sure Allow all other plug-ins is selected"?

Thanks,

-- Carlos

Why are YouTube videos not loading properly on Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.