Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Help!!!!!

I downloaded the software update on my Mac Desktop....then, when I tried to watch Youtube videos, it kept saying my Adobe Flash was out of date...I redownloaded it and saw that on my computer it is saying I have it downloaded...but it still isn't recognizing it when I try to watch videos. Please help! I'm not very tech-savvy, so try to keep it as simple as possible with your instructions! Thank you!

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 2:33 PM

8 replies

Oct 9, 2013 7:42 PM in response to needhelpbadly

If you're sure you've installed the latest version of Flash, take each of the following steps that you haven't already tried. After each step, relaunch Safari and test. For a "missing plug-in" error, start with Step 5.

1. If you're only having trouble with YouTube videos, sign in to your YouTube account and load this page. You may see a link with the text "Leave the HTML5 Trial." If so, click that link.

2. If you're getting a "blocked plug-in" error, then from the menu bar select

 ▹ System Preferences… ▹ Flash Player Advanced

and click Check Now. Quit and relaunch your browser.

3. Triple-click the line below to select it:

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

Right-click or control-click the highlighted text and select

Services ▹ Open

from the contextual menu. A folder should open. Delete the following item, or anything with a similar name, if present:

Flash Player (failing).plugin

You may be prompted for your login password.

4. Re-download and reinstall Flash. Download it from this page:

Never download a Flash update from anywhere else.

5. If you get a " missing plug-in" error, select

Safari Preferences... Security

from the Safari menu bar and check the box marked Enable plug-ins.

6. Select

Safari Preferences... Extensions

from the Safari menu bar. If any extensions are installed, disable them.

7. In the Safari preference window, select

Privacy Remove All Website Data

Close the window. Then select

 ▹ System Preferences… ▹ Flash Player Advanced

and click Delete All. Close the preference pane.

Oct 12, 2013 8:53 AM in response to Linc Davis

First of all, thank you for the thorough instructions. I am still a little puzzled on one thing though:

It is saying "blocked plug-in"

So, on Step 3, do I need to literally highlight and copy /Library/Internet Plug-Ins??? When I did, "Services Open" did not come up...and I wasn't able to figure out the rest of that step. I bet this is what I need to do (Step 3) because I did the other steps and nothing changed.

I really appreciate your help and patience!

Oct 21, 2013 9:57 AM in response to Linc Davis

Okay...I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!!!!

Here are some screen shots from different steps..I'm getting "blocked plug-in" ....I'm having issues with more than Youtube, so step 1 didn't apply.

I did step 2 but there were no changes .

When I did step 3..I never saw Flash Player (failing).plugin .... just to clarify, did you mean to literally highlight on this page and right click and click, "show info" ??????? When I did that, I didn't see Flash Player (failing).plugin but I'm not sure if that is what you meant or not.

I also did the last steps.

I'm sorry about this being so complicated and I really really appreciate your help.

Need Help!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.