Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone won't send texts too one person

So my friend and I both have iphone 4s's, and we used to be able to text via both imessage and regular text message. But now whenever i try to text her using either, it just gives me the "Not Delivered" error sign. She can still text me though! We do have different carriers, I'm on Bell and she's on Virgin so I dont know if that makes a difference. Bell has even sent me texts saying "Your messages to ******* could not be delivered. Please check the number and try again." The number is definitely right. I can text everybody else, Both iphones and androids, so I'm not sure if this is apples fault or the carriers fault, but i really want this fixed!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.1, Texting

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 8:15 PM

Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I have the same exact problem.

16 replies

Nov 24, 2013 11:02 PM in response to Devonlee

I figured this out from another site. Apple's so-called genius designers, developers of iOS 7, decided to make regular old SMS texts unavailable to iMessage (iPhone to iPhone) users if the receiving iPhone is unavailable at that moment to receive an iMessage, UNLESS you do the following ridiculous steps. You have to go to your Settings and TURN ON the option to allow SMS text messages. And THEN you have to choose "send as text message" when the iMessage fails. ARE YOU KIDDING me Apple? Are you monitoring this thread. That s*hit is crazy!

Apple, seriously: should people have to TURN ON a setting like this? Shouldn't the setting be ON as a default unless people go in and adjust it so they want to exclusively use iMessage? Do you seriously think that all iPhone users want to get message failures and then jump through a bunch of hoops to get their messages to go through. Is anyone in charge over there? And did it occur to you to make communicate about this to your loyal users, one of which I used to be.

There are so many riduculous new steps to go through to accomplish simple tasks in iOS 7 that were not a part of iOS 6. You've overcomplicated it. I have been defending iOS 7 a lot lately to doubters and haters: I'm done. I'm seriously considering finally making a change to Android, not because I love Android, but because I'm so frustrated with all the silly, little non-sensical moves like this you are making under the guise of "new and improved."

Dec 10, 2015 7:58 AM in response to Devonlee

Yea, my iPad is having this problem right now. I updated to IOS 9.2 due to 9.1 not letting me use my data and constantly kicking my device off of the Wifi, ending with that using my data up before I could even use it, and now I could text everyone else but this one person. IMessage kept saying that their contact isn't registered with them, when it actually was. They haven't changed their number in the middle of the **** night, and after resetting my whole device I can't even get signed into my account. Apple fix this **** problem, it's an easy fix for you guys but you won't take care of the problem. If this keeps going on, this will be the last product I buy from you guys. I didn't have as many problems with Android products than I have with Apple.

Mar 12, 2016 10:46 AM in response to Devonlee

Friends,

I had similar problem. I could receive sms but not send. I found a way.

Please add pause (,) in front of the number you cant send and store it as a separate number and send sms thru this number. Might work. It worked for me.

The only issue is you will get messages on one number but reply on the one you created.

Hope this helps.

Mar 26, 2016 2:31 AM in response to Devonlee

hi I have had a similar problem with my iphone 5. moved from nz to Australia, can call two close family members but cant text them. I don't have a problem with calling/texting other people/family so have been mystified as to why it was happening with these two people. I spoke with Vodafone Australia who were of no use at all. I took my phone into Vodafone shop - again no use at all (Vodafone was my service provider in nz and now in Australia). I searched the web and found a couple of comments about deleting messages from the people who I couldn't text. that is exactly what I did. I deleted text messages from my two close family members - all messages and phone calling history from them both. wahlah - I text them both and first time they are now receiving my txts. I didn't have to update, reset my phone to default settings or any of the other unpredictable advice I have seen 🙂 it was simple so hoping this helps others moving forward 🙂

My iPhone won't send texts too one person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.