Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Searching iCloud Calendar Possible?

I love how you can look at your iCloud calendars via a web browser in addition to your iOS devices (iPhone 5/ iPad / etc.)...but perhaps I am overlooking something in the interface...but I cannot seem to do a simple search of your calendar in ANY WAY?

I have converted ALL my Google calendars over to iCloud calendars since Google is slowly eliminating functionality like Exchange ActiveSync...which starts affecting how calendars appear. My wife and I use multiple calendars that we share and love how the iCloud calendars work on our iPhone 5 devices...but I also love being able to access our same calendars via a browser on a PC (Chrome/iE/Safari)...but I seemed to have gone backwards in an important way - I don' see any search function.

I have tried all three browsers (Chrome, iE, Safari) and it does not behave any differently.

Am I mistaken or is this simply something Apple overlooked? If Apple did overlook this feature...is there plans to add it and if so - when?

Thanks for any feedback any of you may provide on this subject.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2017 4:25 PM

Here is the solution: Use your phone or ipad. You cannot do it form your desktop unless the instructions are hidden somewhere. Really ridiculous IMHO, but there it is. I no longer use "iTunes" for the same reason- totally user-unfriendly. I buy all my music from Amazon now, no hassles, no uber-proprietary BS... I feel like a fool for having spent countless hours downloading and cataloging perhaps a thousand CD's... what a waste. I have no desire to re-learn yet another interface for listening to my music. It is not my "religion," but maybe for those who don't mind re-learning things like how to navigate iTunes perhaps twice a year (every thime they decide to change things up, basically) it might be fine. If I had simply converted my music to MP3's instead of the Apple format I'd still have easy access to them. Never, and I mean never , will I trust Apple or their software "engineers" (lol what a euphemism) with my time. They've lost their market share to Amazon and Google... and even Walmart as hilarious as that is... for a reason. It is this sort of nonsense that has surrendered Apple's primacy in the music market. I curse the day my loving Wife got me an iPod.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2017 4:25 PM in response to RamboMac

Here is the solution: Use your phone or ipad. You cannot do it form your desktop unless the instructions are hidden somewhere. Really ridiculous IMHO, but there it is. I no longer use "iTunes" for the same reason- totally user-unfriendly. I buy all my music from Amazon now, no hassles, no uber-proprietary BS... I feel like a fool for having spent countless hours downloading and cataloging perhaps a thousand CD's... what a waste. I have no desire to re-learn yet another interface for listening to my music. It is not my "religion," but maybe for those who don't mind re-learning things like how to navigate iTunes perhaps twice a year (every thime they decide to change things up, basically) it might be fine. If I had simply converted my music to MP3's instead of the Apple format I'd still have easy access to them. Never, and I mean never , will I trust Apple or their software "engineers" (lol what a euphemism) with my time. They've lost their market share to Amazon and Google... and even Walmart as hilarious as that is... for a reason. It is this sort of nonsense that has surrendered Apple's primacy in the music market. I curse the day my loving Wife got me an iPod.

Jul 6, 2017 5:11 PM in response to Magpie2017

*** is up with this? After 4 years, no one has come up with a search for the icloud calendar..

I moved all my calendar entries into this, Now...!! trying to find calendar appointments is impossible !!😠

I've sat here and read countless posts from Apple users trying to get an answer to this, probably cause they are in the same boat as me, trying to find past appointments, calendar entries, etc.

on the phone you can search, but it only shows you 5-6 months worth, AND YES, I'm Syncing "ALL EVENTS!"

You log into icloud on the web, There's not even a search window.. That's LAME!😠😠

What a waste of valuable time, think I'll go back to Outlook or something..

Nov 20, 2014 3:16 PM in response to buxinfl

Using Mac Calendar and iPhone calendar app searches used to work for me in lieu of having a search app in iCloud calendar, but since upgrading to Yosemite my late-2009 iMac's desktop calendar is in a more-or-less constant state of freeze / crash (locks up from 5 to 15 minutes every time I click on the program), displays all the calendars even those that are supposedly hidden, and not all the information from iCloud shows up on my phone (although it does show up on the desktop Calendar for some reason), so I have exactly zero ways left to search. The only thing I can use Calendar for now is to do everything on iCloud or phone then once a day I open the desktop version but only if I need to print (it shows everything from iCloud and the phone and I can turn off calendars I don't want to see, but only from the print menu), and printing now takes 1/2 hour or longer whereas it used to only take maybe less than a minute. I had hoped that OS X 10.10.1 would solve this, but it hasn't, nor has adding an extra 8gb SDRAMM, resetting PRAM, resetting permissions, using Disk Utility to analyze and repair the disk, rebooting, reinstalling Yosemite or anything else that has been suggested to me. The only suggestion I haven't tried yet is a blank install of Yosemite because it would take too long to reinstall everything after wiping the hard drive and I am not sure I remember all my product info for every program on the computer. The 10.10.1 patch solved my stability problems with preview, safari, iPhoto, and my third party software seems to work okay, at least the ones I've used since the "upgrade" to Yosemite. My suggestion is that if you need to use the desktop calendar, stick with Mavericks and wait for Apple to send a patch specific to the calendar problems. Once they get the Calendar bugs worked out, I think it will be a pretty good OS X, although it still freezes more than Lion did (Mavericks had problems for me but not the Calendar).

Is Searching iCloud Calendar Possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.