Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth stopped working on Windows 7 after a Software Update.

I recently did a system update on the Windows partition of my mid 2010 iMac. When I rebooted after said software update I noticed my keyboard stopped working. I assumed it had been disconnected or something due to some update so I activated the on-screen keyboard and delved into the settings to reconnect it. Only to discover that I couldn't find any Bluetooth settings whatsoever. I can't find any Bluetooth devices in the device manager either, and I have tried installing the Boot Camp drivers again several times. I have also tried uninstalling the updates that were installed and reinstalling the Boot Camp drivers after that once more to no avail.

The keyboard works perfectly fine in the Mac partition, so I assume the problem was something with the updates I installed.

What exactly should I do now?

Thanks in advance.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), Windows 7

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 5:40 PM

6 replies

Oct 11, 2013 8:22 PM in response to EnjinSosei

Misery loves company. I posted a similar topic just hours ago. I've tried manually uninstalling those updates, but so far, still nothing. I saw another post about downloading a Bluetooth update directly from Broadcom, but it's not "detecting" my Bluetooth device either.

Hilariously, the only USB mouse is an old one-button from my iMac from 1996. At least it's purple.

Nov 2, 2013 11:14 AM in response to gbevin

Sorry I didn't update this sooner. Not sure exactly what worked, but what I did was uninstall some recent Windows Updates, uninstall the MotionInJoy drivers I was using to get a PS3 controller to work (I had read these drivers could be an issue), restarted at least once or twice, and FINALLY got Bluetooth working again. Then (re)updated Windows, but NOT the Bluetooth update that was available (perhaps I did the first time around, and perhaps it isn't Boot Camp friendly), and then reinstalled MotionInJoy, but kept the PS3 controller plugged in via USB, as when it goes Bluetooth, apparently it overwrites all other Bluetooth drivers, which could have been my original problem.

Anyway, all of the above has been working just fine for a couple of weeks now, but I continue to avoid installing the available Bluetooth update via Windows Updates, just in case.

Bluetooth stopped working on Windows 7 after a Software Update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.