Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change frame rate on JPEGS

I have some downloaded JPEGS from stock photgraphy. I realized that they are all at a frame rate of 29.97.

My footage and timeline in FCP Studio is 59.94.

Should I use Compressor for JPEGS? Is it necessary at atl?

I noticed that there is an orange line when I insert a JPEG and thought matcing the frame rate would elminate that and

avoid other problems.

Thanks!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), FCS 2

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 7:10 PM

Stills don't have a frame rate. They are stills. FCP will SAY they have a frame rate in the bin...for some odd reason. The stills inherit the frame rate of your EASY SETUP. So even if you have a 59.94 sequence and media, if the project Easy Setup is 23.98, the JPEG will say 23.98. But since every frame is exactly the same, as stills aren't moving footage...they are stills...you won't have any issue with them.

You will always have to render stills. But the larger in pixel size and data size, it can go from a green render to an orange one. But stills will always have to be rendered. Because they aren't media...moving QT footage...until you create a render file for them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2013 7:10 PM in response to LawrenceFerr01

Stills don't have a frame rate. They are stills. FCP will SAY they have a frame rate in the bin...for some odd reason. The stills inherit the frame rate of your EASY SETUP. So even if you have a 59.94 sequence and media, if the project Easy Setup is 23.98, the JPEG will say 23.98. But since every frame is exactly the same, as stills aren't moving footage...they are stills...you won't have any issue with them.

You will always have to render stills. But the larger in pixel size and data size, it can go from a green render to an orange one. But stills will always have to be rendered. Because they aren't media...moving QT footage...until you create a render file for them.

Oct 10, 2013 6:53 AM in response to Shane Ross

if they're numbered sequentially, you can use quicktime player 7 to import an image sequence and define the frame rate and then do a save. If you save as a selfcontained qt, and it's got an fcp friendly format, you won't need to constantly render. Quicktime player 7 was an optional install in snowleopard. Not sure if it's still available in later versions of OSX. I think you can also do this in compressor but I don't have any experience with that workflow.

Working with large numbers of stills in fcp can cause fcp to choke so using this method is smart way to work.

How to change frame rate on JPEGS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.