Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access my photos from icloud or itunes that are on my iphone? I have backed up icloud and synched to itunes and am unable to find them in either area. Thank you. Lois

How do I access my photos from icloud or itunes that are on my iphone? I have backed up my icloud and synched to itunes but still cannot find them in either location. Thanks, loisam

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1, I have backed up icloud and synched

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 6:08 PM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2013 6:19 PM in response to loisam

You cannot see your iCloud backup, you can only restore it to your phone. Also, syncing with iTunes does not back up photos unless you are backing up your phone to your computer rather than to iCloud. And even if you were, you cannot see the individual files included in the backup.

If you want to back up your photos on your computer so that you can access them, import them using your usb cable as explained here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083. This will import camera roll photos (and videos). If you need to import photo stream photos too, save them to your camera roll (tap Edit, tap the photos, tap Share, tap Save to Camera Roll).

How do I access my photos from icloud or itunes that are on my iphone? I have backed up icloud and synched to itunes and am unable to find them in either area. Thank you. Lois

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.