Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I downloaded new iOS on my iPad somehow my App Store app is gone! How do I find app to download it?

When I downloaded the new iOS on my iPad mini, it somehow deleted the App Store app. Been trying to find where on apple website or iTunes the download for the app exists to re-download - but am at a loss.... Anyone have an idea when I may have done to lose the app and how I can get it back.

Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 11:13 PM

It's a built-in app so it can't be deleted (or re-downloaded), though it might be hidden. If you can't find it on any of your homescreens or app folders, and you can't find it via the spotlight search screen (pull down the centre of the home screen down), then is it hidden by Settings > General > Restrictions > Installing Apps being set 'off' ?

If not then have you tried a reset to see if you can find it after the iPad has restarted ? Press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2013 11:13 PM in response to Shoegrl

It's a built-in app so it can't be deleted (or re-downloaded), though it might be hidden. If you can't find it on any of your homescreens or app folders, and you can't find it via the spotlight search screen (pull down the centre of the home screen down), then is it hidden by Settings > General > Restrictions > Installing Apps being set 'off' ?

If not then have you tried a reset to see if you can find it after the iPad has restarted ? Press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

When I downloaded new iOS on my iPad somehow my App Store app is gone! How do I find app to download it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.