10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2014 8:00 PM by jonmanheim
Springcheer Level 1 Level 1

Hi,

Since upgrading to iOS 7, the photos I take on my iPhone no longer show up on my computer (iCloud account).  Photos I take on my iPhone do show up on my iPad.  The problem is only on my computer.  It worked perfectly when I was using iOS 6.  Please help!

Thanks.

iPhone 5, Windows 7
  • Chris CA Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.itunes
    iTunes

Settings > iCloud Photo Stream - On.

• LarryHN Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

does this involve iPhoto for the Mac in any way?

LN

• Old Toad Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

Do you have a Mac? If so  disable Photo Stream in the System/iCloud preference pane

Preview002.jpg

and in iPhoto's Photo Share preference pane.

Preview001.jpg

Reboot and reenable both respectively. That should jump start Photo Stream.

If you don't have a Mac you need to pose your questions in the iCloud on my PC  community.

OT

• Springcheer Level 1 Level 1

Thanks, all, for attempting to help me.  I have a PC, not a Mac.  I will post my question on the iCloud on my PC community.  This problem is making me absolutely crazy.

Thanks, again.

• LarryHN Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

Good idea

possibly this article or the trouble shooting links will help

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4486

LN

• Springcheer Level 1 Level 1

Thanks, again, for attempting to help.  Unfortunately, I already did everything that was in that link.  I hope someone is able to solve this.  Thanks, again, for trying!

• angeldawn81 Level 1 Level 1

I too am having the same issue and have yet to find a solution for it!

• leclerc92 Level 1 Level 1

Hi,

I had the same problem, but I was looking in the wrong direction. I found my photo's in a folder My Pictures. Hope this helps for you

• HobbesFry Level 1 Level 1

I had the same problem and searched the forum and no steps helped but peiced together some advice and here is what worked for me:

1) unplug my phone from computer

2) quit iTunes and iPhoto

3) pluged it back in and iTunes automatically launched saying a passcode is required to communicate with the phone (I didn't turn that on so I had to create one on my phone). Error that is was unable to communciate to my phone.

4) I set up a passcode on my phone.

5) A window popped up on my phone asking if I trusted this computer. Allow.

6) iPhoto automatically launched and my photos were there!

* For some reason, step 3 & 5 kept repeating and I couldn't get rid of these pop-up windows but I didn't care, I was able to download my photos from iPhoto.

• jonmanheim Level 1 Level 1

Can someone explain this one to me?  I opened iPhoto on my Mac today and noticed that tens or hundreds of my photos in my Photostream (on my phone and ipad) were not in the "[Month] 2014 Photo Stream" events in iPhoto.  For example, in "Mar 2014 Photo Stream" event there was one photo in iPhoto but there were at least 8 on my ipad during that month.  I followed the above advice: I turned OFF Photo Stream in iCloud and iPhoto.  I was just about to restart my computer when I noticed that all of those missing photos from photostream now WERE in iPhoto.  So to sum up: with Photostream turned ON, my photos don't sync.  With Photostream turned OFF, they do?  Any ideas?