Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got a fake apple site. Please alert every one

Hi,

I got a fake apple site request for veryfying the apple ID in my email.

http://appleid-apple.co.uk.support.appleid.manage.id596.australianbatclinic.com. au/uk/?cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/wa/directToSignIn#

Email ID :

Apple do_not_reply@apple.com via gator3275.hostgator.com

Email Subject :

Your Apple ID has been Disabled for Security Reasons

Please alert every one.

Thanks,

Abhi

spam alert

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 8:14 PM

21 replies

Jul 15, 2014 9:46 AM in response to AbhiRaj82

I was send a request to confirm my Apple account. I've had it for years and the message was sent to my Facebook email addy, not the one attached to my account. Is it spam/virus? Please let me know if I should trash this message.

Here is the email sent from *****

Dear Customer,

This is an automatic message sent by our security system to let you know that you have 48 hours to confirm your account information.

Your Apple account has been frozen because we are unable to validate your account information.

To proceed to confirm your account details please click on the link below and follow the instructions

Once you have updated your account records, we will try again to validate your information and your account suspension will be lifted.

This will help protect your account in the future. This process does not take more than 3 minutes.

For more information, see our ******

Thanks,

Apple Customer Support

<Edited by Host>

Jul 15, 2014 9:47 AM in response to AbhiRaj82

I also received a fake email to confirm my apple id. its back end is hosted on this site : ******

so be careful and always investigate before log in into any website. Do not ever click any links in such emails. always type website address by your self in browser. always check website's identity before giving your credentials.

Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:51:26 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Customer,

Due to recent updates we are asking many of our customers to confirm their information this is nothing to worry about. We are making sure we have the correct information on file and that you are the rightful account holder. Failure to comply with this may result in your account being suspended.

Once completed you may resume to use your account as normal and we would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to confirm your information.

Wondering why you got this email?

This email was sent automatically during routine security checks. We are not completely satisfied with your account information and require you to update your account to continue using our services uninterrupted.

For more information, see our

Thanks, Apple Customer Support

User uploaded file
<Edited by Host>

Jul 15, 2014 6:58 AM in response to AbhiRaj82

ALL

To consolidate several right answers

Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails (good info page) is the page on Legal that has the email address

reportphishing@apple.com - to which one needs to FORWARD the entire email so that all the header info remains intact

Apple (or any other legit business) will never send these kinds of emails

BTW, Apple's "no reply" email is [ noreply@apple.com ] no dashes, no underscores, etc.

CCC

-- Keep one's clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

Jul 15, 2014 7:15 AM in response to AbhiRaj82

One thing that I am stumped about is how these phish-ers are equating our email addys with AppleID ownership.

One thing that I have no inclination to check on is whether everyone that received these had their AppleID email addresses PRIVATE always, or whether changed to private after the incidents.

It seems the only way to correlate AppleID and valid email is HERE - phisher visiting each AppleID one-by-one.

I don't think a sophisticated hacker would bother with this as an end-to-end scheme. Hack the ID database, yes. Sell the data, yes.

If they can hack the Associated Clearing House protocols for huge retailers, this should be a piece of cake.

One of Life's Great Mysteries

CCC

Jul 15, 2014 9:18 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Most phishing sites spend a lot of time harvesting people's address books from various sites or directly from their computer. Facebook is an excellent place for this to happen. For a targeted attack all they have to do is sort out the mac, me and iCloud mail endings and send to those. If on Facebook they take the time to go back and pull information Mac users often have that listed publicly.

But a few slip out to people who do not have anything to do with Apple. They just don't come here to post that fact.

Got a fake apple site. Please alert every one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.