Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated to iOS7 and the airplay icon doesn't show up on the control screen when I swipe up? How do you get it there. Already rebooted router, iPad, got nothing.

Updated to iOS7 on my iPAD and airplay doesn't show up on control screen when I swipe up from the bottom. Already rebooted wi-fi router and iPAD and still no iCON. Very frustrated! How do I get airplay iCON to show up so I can stream through my TV?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 9:30 PM

9 replies

Nov 18, 2013 2:35 AM in response to charlesfrompenfield

I have just spent £1100 on a Bowers & Wilkins A5 and A7 only to find that iOS7 Airplay only shows up if I reset my router every time I want to listen to music.

In this day and age this is rediculous. I want to go back to old fashioned wires where you had no issues.

I don't see why Apple seem **** bent on making their software inferior with every release (see Pages, Numbers, Keynote etc). Why have they removed the Airplay button from the Music player ffs?!?! What planet are they on?

Come on Apple we pay a premium for your products and expect more than this.

Nov 18, 2013 3:38 AM in response to sberman

No, no, no, you shouldn't need Apple TV to make Airplay work!

I think that is probably an old (not-updated) support page.

There are hundreds of Airplay devices out there and none of them state you need Apple TV to make them work! lol

Why would you anyway? What has Apple TV got to do with my ipad/Bowers & Wilkins speakers? Nothing at all... You need a sending device (ipad/iphone), the router, and receiving device (such as Apple TV, Speakers, headphones etc)...

Updated to iOS7 and the airplay icon doesn't show up on the control screen when I swipe up? How do you get it there. Already rebooted router, iPad, got nothing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.