Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

call failed with airtel network

I was using Vodafone network, recently shifted to Airtel. My phone is unlocked and network is active. I am able to receive calls and use data over 3G. I am even able to receive calls. But I am not able to make any calls. Every time I try to call I get Call failed.

I visited Airtel office, they put sim in other phone and outgoing calls was working fine. But its not working in my iPhone.

I even tried resetting my network, still no help.

Please help

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 12:11 AM

16 replies

Feb 28, 2014 12:13 AM in response to vivek6234

I had the same exact problem ,then I read in one of these discussions that the issue is with the caller id. though we cannot turn it ON or Off but somehow even checking the status of the caller ID did the trick and now I am able to make outgoing calls as well. My phone is iphone 4 with airtel( recently ported from vodafone).

Apr 1, 2016 4:43 AM in response to imahen

Man ...U r awesome. I was facing this issue from a week but after reading your solution my problem resolved... (Problem I was facing-

I am able to receive calls and use data over Airtel 3G. I am even able to receive calls. But I am not able to make any calls. Every time I try to call I get Call failed.

I visited Airtel office, they put sim in other phone and outgoing calls was working fine. But its not working in my iPhone.)

Solution: -issue is with the caller id. though we cannot turn it ON or Off but somehow even checking the status of the caller ID did the trick and now I am able to make outgoing calls as well. My phone is 5S

call failed with airtel network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.