Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot retrieve email from company exchange?

I am trying to retreieve my email from my company, I have no problem connecting using IOS7 on both my iPad and iPhone but cannot connect from my iMac or Macbook Pro? I have spoken with our IT deprt but still no joy, however, I downloaded TouchDown (Beta) from NitroDesk yesterday and believe it or not I downloaded all my mail on my desktop! Happy days you might think...yes to a degree but as it is still in beta it is very limited, but my question is, how come this email client can connect but Apple Mail or Outlook cannot? Same settings...

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 1:30 AM

8 replies

Oct 10, 2013 12:28 PM in response to JamerUK

Touchdown claims to add support for ActivSync (EAS) just like an IOS device, Macs do not support EAS out of the box. They support Exchange Web Services (EWS), same as Windows machines.

Unless your company uses an old version of Exchange (2003 or earlier) there is no reason why you can not connect to it using your Mac. I use Exchange 2007 (SBS 2008) with MS Exchange on 10.6.8 and 10.8.5 with n issue whatsoever.

Oct 10, 2013 4:24 PM in response to Csound1

Well TouchDown is ceratinly downloading all my mail okay, but like I said previously it is still in beta and is quite limited. I was hoping someone was aware of maybe another email client that would also work like TouchDown but with better features...

I will have another chat with our IT department next week but to be honest its very political at our company so I am not going to hold my breath. Thanks for the replies thus far.

I cannot retrieve email from company exchange?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.