Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5S warmer color temperature (yellow hue)

Hi guys,

Yes another yellowgate thread I am afraid...

Ive compared my iphone 5 with the iphone 5s. Both devices set to full brighntess...both running ios7....and its quite clear that my iphone 5S seems to have a much warmer color temperature when compared with the iphone 5. The iphone 5 produces white as brillaint white...whereas the iphone 5S seems to have a yellow hue to it....whites look yellow / washed out .... This is even more noticable due to ios7 which is primarily an OS with a white background / theme throughout.

Question being, is this "the norm" for the iphone 5S or a manufacturing defect ? Anyone else compared the 5 to the 5S side by side see the same issue ?

Its either a defect or apple has changed the default color temperature for the iphone 5S .... anyone got anything to back this up ? I thought these devices had exactly the same LCD panel in them ?

I dunno if I can be bothered with the whole returns process thing if all others out there are the same....

Side by side - all on full brightness...

from left to right

iphone 4s

iphone 5

iphone 5S

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 2:38 AM

2 replies

Iphone 5S warmer color temperature (yellow hue)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.