Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I modify the list of apps accepted to run on my MacBook?

Every time my computer starts the message comes up and asks me if I want to run a program that I downloaded from the internet. This is a program I always want running.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 5:53 AM

5 replies

Oct 10, 2013 7:06 AM in response to Papa2k

Yes, I understood that. After you 1st run it as right-clicking the App and selecting Open, you won't have the problem you encounter when later run at start-up

If you don't know where the App is locacted, go to ->System Preferences->Users & Groups, click the [Login Items] tab, right click the program, select Show in Finder, then right-click the App and select Open

Oct 10, 2013 7:33 AM in response to Tony T1

Thank you, that helped me locate the program in the Resources folder. I was able to start the program by right-clicking and opening it.

I was able to change my security settings back from "Anywhere" to "Mac App Store and identified developers."

But I still get the message from Gatekeeper, asking if I want to run the program, every time I restart the computer or manually restart the program.

How can I modify the list of apps accepted to run on my MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.