Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5 Freezes when i get miss call

Hi,

My iphone 5 Freezes when i get miss call, this started when i updated to iOS7 & continues after updating iOS7.0.2 also

please fix or tell any suggetions this is been irritating.

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 4:45 AM

25 replies

Dec 23, 2013 10:36 PM in response to zonl

Hi Apple Engineers,

Problem:

I am facing this same freez problem on my Iphone 5 (with iOS 7.0.4) in India, Chennai.

I am using Airtel provider.

1. I can see the missed call list(s) on the first locked screen

2. To unlock the screen i tried to Swap "slide to unlock" screen, But it hangs (freez). But swap Bottom to Top to see the short cut app modes (wifi, airoplane mode,bluetooth...etc) it is working fine.

3. I cant get in to passcode input screen.

Workaround for this issue: (for iphone users)

1. "Reset iPhone😠" OR

2. "Make a call from your firend mobile to your hanged Iphone and pick the call. Now you wouldn't see the hanging problem😎"

Suggessions: (for iphone engineers)

Might be problem in locking mechanishm in the IOS. Missed call would be not properly handled by the locking mechanisim, Since, while freez, next attend call will resolvd this issue. So locking mechanishm is the problem. Please concentrate these part and put your hard work on this. Don't give workaround to iphone users all the time😠. workaround is only temp until fix the bug. So work hard and give us the flawless upgrade.

-Veerapandian Murugesan

Mar 10, 2014 9:09 PM in response to Zaheerapz

I just talked with apple support, and the iPhone will not lock during a call if you do the following:

1. Place the call or answer an incoming call

2. After starting the call, press the home key, which will take you to the application screen, and your call will

continue

3. You can use applications while on the call, which will keep your iPhone unlocked

4. When you need to get back to the call screen, just press the phone icon

5. Keep phone on application screen and touch it occasionally so it does not lock up

Mar 14, 2014 1:17 AM in response to Zaheerapz

Hi people.

I have been facing this problem too.

But I found the solution without apple helping at all.

It's very frustrating I know.

Just do the following:

Go to Setting - Phone scroll down to SIM Aplications- Tap Busy calls- Tap Diactivate. The screen will pop up, just click Accept. That's it.

Greeting from Tanzania.

One Love

Phi

My iphone 5 Freezes when i get miss call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.