Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can i do for the -3degree problem with motion sensor?

Compare with my Iphone 5 ...There is a big problem and confuse me !

What can i do to solve this problem?User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 5:10 AM

3 replies

Oct 11, 2013 10:27 AM in response to Sophistkao

not sure, likely they can just apply a software update once they figured out the batch of affected phones. Maybe they'll add a software patch that'll let you recalibrate the default. It seems consistent from all the reports I've seen, including my own 5S, off by about 3 degrees only in the horizontal position, so it seems like a manufacturing defect or calibration step.

Oct 11, 2013 10:57 AM in response to Sophistkao

Apple, I'm sure, is working on it. If it's easy to fix with software, it will be out shortly with software update 7.0.3. Just sit tight.

If it's a hardware problem, it's unlikely Apple will be able to fix it, and they're equally unlikely to take back millions of phones. My guess is we'll get a free case out of it -- just like with "Antenna Gate".

My data:

My iPhone 4 running iOS 7.0.2 agrees with reality (defined by both my bubble and digital contractor levels).

My 32GB silver iPhone 5s is off by 3 degrees (level function) and about 7 degrees (compass function). I haven't run into any buildings with Tom Tom yet.

What can i do for the -3degree problem with motion sensor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.