Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is this error 4SNS/1/c0000008:TSOP--124 belong to Heatsink sensor

My macbook pro 13 late 2011.

fan run speed from the began speed up to 6200rpm, and i made AHT and get this error (4SNS/1/c0000008:TSOP--124), I google it and i want to make sure if it from heatsink, so if it i can change it just for 30$ , or i have to change all motherboard?

please help me......

Here is link from ifixit for this .

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Replacing+MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Unibody+Late+2011+Heat +Sink/7657/1

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 5:53 AM

6 replies

Feb 7, 2016 11:17 AM in response to Ahmed El-Barbary

I Just had this issue after spilling coffee on the table. A little slipped way into the rear fan area of my wifes 2012 13" MacBook Pro.

How I fixed it. After shutting off the laptop. I slid the laptop to the edge of the table. Without turning it over I removed the bottom plate. Next disconnect the battery. Dry everything off before flipping it over. (After this I had put it back together as everything appeared fine, but I then got the error). Next you want to remove the motherboard. Follow the directions given on ifixit. Now grab some isopropyl alcohol and Q-Tips. Pour the isopropyl into the cap (from the bottle). Dip the Q-Tips into it and clean the entire motherboard (changing Q-Tips as they get dirty). After I did that the laptop ran like it before.

I know this won't help he original poster as his issue was several years ago. I hope this can help others.

Feb 7, 2016 12:17 PM in response to Ahmed El-Barbary

Ahmed El-Barbary wrote:

My macbook pro 13 late 2011.

fan run speed from the began speed up to 6200rpm, and i made AHT and get this error (4SNS/1/c0000008:TSOP--124), I google it and i want to make sure if it from heatsink, so if it i can change it just for 30$ , or i have to change all motherboard?

I know this solution thanks, but problem is in my place there is no apple store or any Authorized . and i can open it up and replace any piece so do you know any way to Find out the bad sensor?

Well sure you can try to replace . The worse case is it does not work. The alternative is a new board.

The code chart is always a little bit of a mystery to the layman like you and I.

(4SNS/1/c0000008:TSOP--124)

Yes a system sensor, Temperature, (S?), on a Portable system.

You are assuming S is the heat sink sensor? I can not verify that assumption.

From my notes:

System sensor Th2H-60.250temperature sensor on the heatsink.

on the other hand, a faulty sensor on the logic board, the board has to be replaced.

The task is not for the light hearted.

edit: for the love of .... I see the OP is from 2013. Not always of value to tack onto a dead thread.

is this error 4SNS/1/c0000008:TSOP--124 belong to Heatsink sensor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.