Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How unsimlock Iphone 4s in IOS 7

Hi, I asked my provider to make the first steps to unsimlock my iphone 4s. Got a mail I can continue, but their assistance is not updated and the procedures advised in Itunes don't match.

Is it that simple: make a backup in ITunes first, then to setting/general/reset/ erase setting and content and restore by ITunes? 😕

Thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 6:55 AM

Read this

iPhone: Troubleshooting authorised unlock issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3198

5 replies

Oct 10, 2013 6:56 AM in response to Henri8

Yes - the basics are to request the unlock from the provider. Once they let you know they have processed the request, plug into your computer and launch iTunes. Sync and backup first so you have everything saved to restore from later.

Now, restore as a new device, and at the end of that you should see a message in iTunes to the effect of "Congratulations, your iOS device is unlocked" (or something very similar to that).

Now, you can restore from your backup to put all your data back on, swap in your new SIM card from your new carrier and set up service with them.

How unsimlock Iphone 4s in IOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.