Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you copy a disk

I have used the disk utility and made a disk image of an iDVD projrct exported via iMovie. I opened the image and copied and pasted it to a blank DVD, it seemed to copy correctly but when i try to play it on my Mac it says Disk not Supported yet it will play on a regular DVD player.

Any ideas?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 7:54 AM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2013 10:11 AM in response to scooter 4 travel

You need to burn the disk image to the DVD disk.

1 - mount the disk image by double clicking on it.

2 - launch Disk Utility

3 - in the side pane select the .img part of the disk imge in the side pane.

User uploaded file

4 - click on the Burn button.

Follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

OT

Oct 10, 2013 1:03 PM in response to Old Toad

thank you for your responce, seems when after i have created the new image and aftering finaly being able to remove the "Master dvd" and insert a blank dvd, when i use the burn feature it simply burns the .dmg file to the dvd, yet if i open it from the desk top it shows the audio and video folders, when i burn them to a dvd it will not play on my iMac yet it plays on Windblows and also on a standard dvd player. I even went as far as copying the disk and then dropping the contents onto a blank, will not work in mac or tv dvd but get this, it works on windblows....

i am making another image now yet this one is a .cdr file

I am confused

Oct 10, 2013 1:16 PM in response to scooter 4 travel

yet if i open it from the desk top it shows the audio and video folders, when i burn them to a dvd it will not play on my iMac yet it plays on Windblows and also on a standard dvd player.

You don't need to burn again. The DVD disk with the two folders, Audio and Video, that you created from the disk image is what you want to use in the DVD set top DVD player.

This Apple document describes what I've tried to lay out for you: Burning a disk image file on a CD or DVD in Mac OS X. The resulting disk is the final product.

how do you copy a disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.