Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 screen won't accept touch.

I cannot get into my iPad when the screen locks. Won't accept slider to open. I can get to my password page, but I have to pound and pound on each number until I see it is being accepted in the little white dots above. Then when I am in, I can tap on my icons and get in, but I cannot get in any further, except for the times when I pound and pound and pound and it sometimes lets me in. For instance, I can get into my email but cannot swipe up to see what's new and cannot delete.

Now, here's the fun part. When this began I was using voiceover to read to me. So now it talks to me and tells me what I am pressing and when the screen is locked. I can get in settings but not accessibility. Have done the sleep and screen button to reboot many times.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 9:46 AM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2013 9:55 AM in response to emmafromhuntington beach

How did you turn it on, by going into Settings > General > Accessibility, or did you set a triple-click of the home button to turn it on and off ? If via Settings then you can either turn it off directly on the iPad (you need to use a tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling) to go into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off', or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4064

iPad 2 screen won't accept touch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.