Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memos - Quite Buggy

I've noticed that the voice memos app on IOS 7 is very buggy. I am a college student and use the voice memos app almost every day to either record or listen back to the lectures I've previously recorded. There are several issues with this app that coincide with several of my other iPhone 5 iOS 7 users including:

1. The app closing completely on its own.

2. The app choosing to stop recording on its own.

3. While trying to save the lecture, Voice Memos erases the recoding entirely after entering a title.

4. While listening back to my previously recorded lecturers the app will forget it's playing.

5. While listening back to my previously recorded lecture for at least 10 minutes and once the phone has went to sleep, the app will stop playing when I enter my passcode and return to the app. Not only does it stop playing, the time indicator starts from the beginning losing the spot I was at.

This is superbly frustrating and warrants Apple to take a look at their application for review. The previous interface to Voice Memos worked very well.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 8:48 AM

1 reply

Jan 30, 2014 8:51 AM in response to Morgan Potts

Agreed. Especially the 5th issue, it's horrible.
It is really hard to find where you were at, before the unlock.
And I often forget this - and unlock to check how many minutes I have listened and how many left - and that usually makes me spend at least a couple of minutes just trying to get back to where I was.
Because you have no idea, since you're back at 0:00. REALLY annoying.

Voice Memos - Quite Buggy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.