Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 Reminders app keeps changing color

With the updated version of the Reminders app in iOS7, users now have the ability to set a color scheme for each list they have created. However, the color of my default list keeps changing back to orange every time I either add a new task or mark a task as completed. Regardless of how often I manually change the color option back to any other color (I'd prefer red for my default list), that particular list always reverts back to orange anytime the list is modified. Although its not huge issue, its becoming increasingly frustrating that I cannot set the color of the Reminders list that I use all of the time.

Anyone else experiencing this issue and are there any solutions?

Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 10:38 AM

12 replies

Oct 12, 2013 7:51 AM in response to SofaKeenGrad

Hello SofaKeenGrad,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like the Reminders app will not keep the color you select for some reason.

I have a few recommendations for you here:

First I would start by closing all the running apps on the phone:

1. Double-click the Home button.
  2. Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.
  3. Swipe the app up to close it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137

When you have done that, next I would restart your iPhone.

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

If the issue persists after that, I would try backing up your phone to iTunes, then restore your phone.

iOS: How to back up and restore your content

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

Before you restore your phone from your backup, try setting it up as new, and verify the Reminders app works as expected. Then restore from your backup, and test the issue again.

All the best,

Sterling

Oct 12, 2013 1:47 PM in response to SofaKeenGrad

Hi SofaKeenGrad,

I am having the same issue you are. I use the "Reminders" list and when I first upgraded to iOS 7 I changed mine to red and it stayed that way for a few weeks. Just recently, about 3 days ago, it started turning orange on it's own. I change it back to red, and it immediately turns orange again. When I go to icloud.com it changes to purple instantly after I change it to red.

I am assuming this is just a software issue and will be fixed in a future update. But just because I assume does not mean it will be done.

Anyways, I just wanted to confirm that you are not the only one this is happening to. Happy posting!

Oct 13, 2013 5:24 PM in response to SofaKeenGrad

I was having this same problem, so I created I new list the color I wanted and named it 'Reminders' which is the exact same name as the default list. Then I moved them to the new list. Once they were all transfered to the new list I deleted the old one. The new one has stayed the color I wanted, and doesn't appear any different because it is named exactly the same as the default.

Oct 14, 2013 9:02 AM in response to ekoranek

ekoranek wrote:

I was having this same problem, so I created I new list the color I wanted and named it 'Reminders' which is the exact same name as the default list. Then I moved them to the new list. Once they were all transfered to the new list I deleted the old one. The new one has stayed the color I wanted, and doesn't appear any different because it is named exactly the same as the default.

Testing your solution now. So far so good.

My 'old' Reminders would always change to orange when I tapped a reminder to complete or when it synced with iCloud.

Oct 15, 2013 4:51 AM in response to SofaKeenGrad

I'm having the same issue that when I try to change the color of the original "Reminders" list it reverts to orange. I created a new "To Do" list and moved all my items on "Reminders" list to my new one, deleted the original Reminders list and re-named my new one Reminders - color sticks on this and all other new lists I create! Annoying glicth that I'm hoping Apple will fix on next iOS update..

iOS7 Reminders app keeps changing color

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.