Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Sharing Problem

I have two iMacs at home and a MacPro at work.

Up until I bought a new iMac to replace one of the older ones, I was able to screen share between all the Macs.

I bought a new iMac a couple of months ago. It came with ML and after getitng it up and running I transferred all my stuff from the old iMac to the new one.

Curerntly, I can find and do a share screen between both iMacs in my home. I can connect from either of them to my MacPro. I can screen share from my Pro to the older iMac at home, but I cannot attach to the new one at home from my Pro. I have compared my config on both the old and new iMacs in the Sharing area as well as the user account area and I do not see any differences. I have a third party network firewall running that I disabled and I also turned off the Macs firewall. I still cannot connect from my work Pro. If I want to see the new iMac I have to connect to the older iMac and then from there to the new one; not ideal.

When I attempt to conenct I get prompted to login. I have the same name and password on all three Macs and it says that it doesn't like my credentials. I've even tried logging in with my iCloud account, which is also the same on all three Macs and it doesn't like those credentials either.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanx...

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 11:55 AM

7 replies

Oct 11, 2013 4:01 AM in response to Linc Davis

My MacPro sits on my LAN and I go through my firewall to the outside. When I open up Finder I can see both iMacs at home. If I click on the older one and wait, I can see the shared files and I can also do screen sharing. On the new one none of that works. BUT it did work up until I moved to the new imac... the older one that it replaced, also running ML, always connected from work just fine.

Oct 23, 2013 5:14 PM in response to Linc Davis

So far no luck, I'm probalby going to have to call Apple... and it's gotten worse. In an effort to fix it, I signed out of my iCloud acounts and back in. I've even rebooted all the computers. Now the two iMacs that sit on the same LAN are having issues. The new one can talk to the old one, but the old one can't talk to the new one UNLESS the firewall is off. I've checked the firewall settings and screen sharing is allowed, but now I can't go that way unless it's disabled. I've also checked my local Airpot to make sure that y iCloud account is set in there. AND now I can't talk to my work Mac with either of the home iMacs. Last week when at least some of this was working, I tried to get to the new iMac from the home one, again without success. Then I told it to request access, and guess what, the home one got a prompt for access and when I said yes, the work one connected...so that shoudl at least kind of confirm that the basic connectivity was there.

Any other thoughts?

Thanx...

Screen Sharing Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.