Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Refurbished Macbook Question

I bought a refurbished Macbook Pro from apple.com, and when I went to register it, it said my serial number is registered to another user. How do I change this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Refurbished from Apple.com

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 11:47 AM

Actually, you can't. Apple will have to make that fix. The computer must have been registered to the original owner who subsequently returned it but failed to remove it from his/her registered hardware page. You cannot register it until that is done, but obviously, you are in no way able to contact the original owner. So call Apple for help:

Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.

To contact product and tech support: Apple - Support - Contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2013 11:47 AM in response to Melo77

Actually, you can't. Apple will have to make that fix. The computer must have been registered to the original owner who subsequently returned it but failed to remove it from his/her registered hardware page. You cannot register it until that is done, but obviously, you are in no way able to contact the original owner. So call Apple for help:

Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.

To contact product and tech support: Apple - Support - Contact Apple Support.

Refurbished Macbook Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.