Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sync with Itunes through wi-fi

Hello,

I'm using iPhone 4(GSM) 8Gb. It is on the same wi-fi network as my computer. I can't connect with iTunes through wi-fi. I tried many possible tricks which users shared here on forum. iPhone(7.0.2) and iTunes(11.1.1) are on the latest updates.

Sync through wi-fi is turned on(on options when iPhone is connected with cable).

Any ideas? :/

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2, Windows 7 x64

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 12:48 PM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2013 7:23 AM in response to Diablo6

Hello Diablo6,

Thank you for providing the details of the issue and the steps you have taken when trying to sync your iPhone with iTunes using Wi-Fi. I recommend following the steps in the article below for an issue like this (you can skip the steps you have already taken):

iTunes 10.5 and later: Troubleshooting iTunes Wi-Fi Syncing

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4062

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Feb 17, 2014 8:48 PM in response to Diablo6

If you are using a Windows PC and not able to connect over Wifi, it is because your firewall might be blocking the incomming connections, try toggling the firewall on and off if that doesnot work follow these steps.

• Type "Troubleshooting" in the search box in start menu.
  • Open Troubleshooting>Network and intranet>Incomming Connections.
  • In the dialog box click next and follow the steps for Share Files or Folders.

This should solve the problem.

Mar 3, 2014 5:23 PM in response to Diablo6

I had this problem with OS X 10.9.2 and iTunes 11.1.5. The iPhone did not show on iTunes (nor did the iPad). The iMac is connected to the router by Ethernet cable. I could get the iPhone to appear (sometimes) by tapping "Settings/General/iTunes Wi-Fi Sync/Sync Now" on the iPhone. Restarting iTunes, iMac, router and iPhone (in different sequences) had no effect.

The better solution seems to be turning the iMac's Wi-Fi on. It's quite consistent. Turn Wi-Fi off and the devices disappear from iTunes. Turn Wi-Fi on again, restart iTunes and they reappear.

I can't sync with Itunes through wi-fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.