Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to get a separate program to burn multiples copies of a DVD on Mac?

Do I need to get a separate program to burn multiples copies of a DVD on Mac, and not have the copies separate into AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS? I made a series of lesson plans on iMovie. When it opens on the original disk, it goes right to my music and intro menu. When I try to burn it to a new DVD, it shows up as AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. It does not open at all. Please advise.

Thanks,

Chris

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 12:31 PM

4 replies

Oct 10, 2013 1:53 PM in response to edustic

Create a disk image of the DVD disk as described here: How to copy previously-burned DVD-R video discs.

Then you can use Disk Utility to burn additional copies of the disk image to disk: Burning a disk image file on a CD or DVD in Mac OS X

Note: to protect the laser in the optical drive give the drive a rest of about 15-20 minutes after every 3rd or 4th consecutive burn.

Oct 10, 2013 5:29 PM in response to Old Toad

Old Toad:

The steps you describe are what I did to get the original DVD copied to my computer. However, what is copied there separates into two files (audio and video files) as I stated above. Then, if I try to copy that copy to a new DVD, it copies as separated into the audio and video files, and can't be played. Do I need a separate program (such as one of those "DVD ripper" programs) to stop this from occuring? Does the iMovie on my original DVD need to be changed into an MP4 or other format before it can be copied as playable to a new DVD? That is what I am getting at.

Thanks,

Chris

Do I need to get a separate program to burn multiples copies of a DVD on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.