Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 2 white macbooks to erase them, HOW please

I have 2 white macbooks. lets call them M1 and M2

so I have M1 and disk for it and have M2 and NO disk for it.

I took disk1 and put it in M2 to erase it, restart - installer, I chose machintosh main harddrive and erased it, then I tried to reinstall the OSX and it gives me an error(MAC OS X cannot be installed on this computer) WHY? plus I cannot understand how the fck I get the disk out of this computer now. I am trying upper right button eject and it won't eject. I did try command + E and no luck either.

So my question is, how to take out the CD and how to install any OS on this macbook so I can sell it. and then I need to do the same thing with the second one too.

and there also option to start from network and it just restarts and thats it, not asking any question and doing nothing

PLEASE HELP! first time mac user =(

MacBook

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 1:51 PM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2013 1:55 PM in response to meetis

Because M2 must have a different version of OS X that the M1 disk installs. Typically, that would be interpreted to mean the OS X on the M1 disk is an earlier version than required by M2.

Five ways to eject a stuck CD or DVD from the optical drive

Ejecting the stuck disc can usually be done in one of the following ways:

1. Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the

left mouse button until the disc ejects.

2. Press the Eject button on your keyboard.

3. Click on the Eject button in the menubar.

4. Press COMMAND-E.

5. If none of the above work try this: Open the Terminal application in

your Utilities folder. At the prompt enter or paste the following:

/usr/bin/drutil eject

If this fails then try this:

Boot the computer into Single-user Mode. At the prompt enter the same command as used above. To restart the computer enter "reboot" at the prompt without quotes.

Oct 10, 2013 2:05 PM in response to meetis

if the disc you are trying to use on M2 is the install disc that M1 came with, that is why you're getting the error message you are.

when a mac ships w/ install discs they are specific to the machine they came with unless you buy a multilicense use of that OS software disc.

you will need to locate a disc that contains the original OS that both macs came w/ and use it to erase them and reinstall the OS.

I have 2 white macbooks to erase them, HOW please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.