Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens if your iPhone 5 breaks, during apple care coverage? Do they exchange it for a 5s or a 5c??

I purchased my phone last year with Apple Care coverage that exchange your phone for a new one in case it brakes.

Since there is no iPhone 5 available, what is the policy in that case? Does anyone know?

The price paid relate to an iPhone 5s, but we never know....

Thanks!!

Celeste

iPhone 5

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 2:17 PM

12 replies

Feb 1, 2014 4:57 PM in response to tonefox

Yeah but since they don't make them anymore, they have to run out at some time. The gaurentee you the same or "new" equipment equivalent to the price of your original product. I had to send mine in the other day for a cracked screen so we will see what I get back! It's not worth if for them to continue make refurbs if they're not going to sell it anymore.

Feb 1, 2014 6:18 PM in response to rjuska

Just last week, I took my iPhone 5 (64Gb Black) into an Apple store because teh battery was swelling and starting to push teh screen out. Since I had AppleCare+ and my iPhone 5 was just 16 months old, about 10 minutes after I entered the store,I walked out with a replacement iPhoe 5 in my pocket. The only reason it took 10 minutes was because the tech asked if they could take my iPhoine in back to verify it (most likely checking the watr damage indicators and verifying the battery was swelling). He came back a few minutes later with the original iPhone in hand as well as the box with the replacement one.

I have no doubts that you will get back exactly the same model phone that you shipped in.

What happens if your iPhone 5 breaks, during apple care coverage? Do they exchange it for a 5s or a 5c??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.