Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 podcasts don't show up on iPhone

iOS7, on Mac can move podcasts to a playlist, but they don't show up on the device (iPhone or iPad), so I can't play any podcasts anymore! Was fine in iOS6.x. Anyone else see this problem? Any fix in the works? Very frustrating! I can't believe this wasn't caught in QA.

iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 3:29 PM

Yes! I'm having the same problem and I've already checked the settings to keep all podcasts.

I can see the episodes (in this case it there were 5 episodes) transfering to the Iphone. But when I check the Iphone maybe 2 or 3 will appear and that's it. Sometimes there will be old ones that are no longer even on the list in Itunes.

On the app itself I tried scrolling to see more but can't.

However, if I delete the visible ones in the app then the remaining ones will suddenly appear. So, the problem isn't simply the transfer it's the podcast app I would think.

Itunes 11.1.2 (31)

MacBook Pro (from 2010) OS Mavericks

Iphone 5S with iOS7.0.3

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2013 3:29 PM in response to likeittowork

Yes! I'm having the same problem and I've already checked the settings to keep all podcasts.

I can see the episodes (in this case it there were 5 episodes) transfering to the Iphone. But when I check the Iphone maybe 2 or 3 will appear and that's it. Sometimes there will be old ones that are no longer even on the list in Itunes.

On the app itself I tried scrolling to see more but can't.

However, if I delete the visible ones in the app then the remaining ones will suddenly appear. So, the problem isn't simply the transfer it's the podcast app I would think.

Itunes 11.1.2 (31)

MacBook Pro (from 2010) OS Mavericks

Iphone 5S with iOS7.0.3

Oct 26, 2013 3:16 PM in response to likeittowork

Hi guys I had the same problem, I had like 9 MP3 files I added to itunes which i wanted to put in the podcast app, so what you have to do is

1. Sort out all their album, artist etc name them appropriatly, then tick "Part Of Complilation"
  2. Then choose the media type as "Podcast" next you wanna go to the podcast tab in iTunes and right click the podcast and you will see an option called "Do Not Auto Delete" press this! It will now sayAllow Auto Delete"
  3. Finally copy over the podcast and all of them should appear now.

Oct 26, 2013 3:17 PM in response to Regisdub

Hi guys I had the same problem, I had like 9 MP3 files I added to itunes which i wanted to put in the podcast app, so what you have to do is

1. Sort out all their album, artist etc name them appropriatly, then tick "Part Of Complilation"
  2. Then choose the media type as "Podcast" next you wanna go to the podcast tab in iTunes and right click the podcast and you will see an option called "Do Not Auto Delete" press this! It will now sayAllow Auto Delete"
  3. Finally copy over the podcast and all of them should appear now.

Oct 27, 2013 8:41 AM in response to dev786

You must be talking about something completely different such as moving songs into podcasts. We are talking about moving podcasts to the podcast app.

Also, and perhaps unrelated, there is no "Do Not Auto Delete" in my Itunes when dealing with podcasts that I see. Regardless, the problem is not about deleting at all. Podcasts actually make it to my Iphone...most are simply invisible.

Oct 29, 2013 11:55 AM in response to likeittowork

I'm very frustrated. Only one podcast of several episodes will show up on the phone. But when plugged in to iTunes, it says they are all on the phone, and yet since they are invisible I can't see them! So I have to get my iPod back out to listen to them! This needs to be fixed. Not to mention the problems I've had deleting a podcast from my phone and then having it disappear from my iTunes also (which didn't happen with iOS6).

Oct 29, 2013 6:37 PM in response to gobeavs78

Same problem.

Files I have saved (myself) as podcasts which are in my itunes don't sync to my ipad/iphone.

If I save them as podcasts in a different playlist, they don't sync to ipad/iphone.

If I save them as music files, they do sync to ipad/iphone. But I used to have them in my podcasts. Can't anymore, seemingly...

ios 7.0.2 (iphone)

ios 7.0.3 (ipad)

itunes 11.1.2

MacBookPro 10.8.5

Dec 3, 2013 12:39 AM in response to likeittowork

Same thing happening to me. I have my podcasts set to sort and play from oldest to newest. I'll check 5 of them to sync. I see them all copy, but only the oldest one shows up in the Podcasts app. HOWEVER, if I listen to it, it's actually the newest one, not the oldest. If I then sync again, it will show the newest one having been partially listened to. Seriously messed up!

If I set them as Music or Audiobooks they show up correctly in the Music player. At least as an Audiobook, I have the 15 second forward/back buttons.

Dec 4, 2013 1:04 PM in response to likeittowork

Same here, in version 7.0.4. I have 8 voice memos saved as podcasts, all appear to sync, only one shows in iPodcasts. If the one is deleted, it shows up again in a few seconds. I don't want to save the voice memos as songs in iMusic because I want the 15 second rewind that podcasts have.

I've tried different names for each, same names, nothing works.

Frustrating.

Dec 11, 2013 1:29 PM in response to ivan4apple

I have the same problem with podcast files manually added to iTunes 11.1.3 (8).
 They get synced and iTunes shows that 8 files are now in the podcast folder of my iPhone.

But when I look in my iPhone4s running 7.0.4 only one podcast file is displayed.

Trying to delete the one file just makes it popup some seconds later again !?

Mar 3, 2014 9:28 AM in response to likeittowork

March 2014 and now the problem is still not solved

I downloaded some videos from TED talk, all of them are grouped automatically into Podcast tab of iTunes. When I transfer them into iPod, it said that all the podcast videos were transfered succesfully. I also checked again the podcast list in "On this iPod" tab and I saw all of them stayed there. But when I open my iPod, only one episode is available. Further more, the title, content and thumbnail of the podcast is also not consistent. It's very a mess with title of this podcast, content belongs to another podcast with the thumbnail of one more other podcast.....

PLEASE FIX IT APPLE !

iOS7 podcasts don't show up on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.