Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only one mac showing on apple tv

After the recent iOS update my apple tv does not show my iMac, it was working before, the only library that shows is off my Macbook Pro.

All the software on all the devices are up to date (iMac, Macbook Pro, Apply TV #1 and Apple TV #2, iTunes etc etc)

I made sure that my iMac has the "home sharing" turned on with the approciate login, I can still play movies from my iMac to both of my apple TVs but i have to physically play it through my iMac itunes and mirror onto the apple tv.

*i also even turned off the "home sharing" on my Macbook Pro and it still pops up

Can anyone help with this issue? Everything was working fine up until i updated software.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 4:35 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2013 4:40 PM in response to jaebirdsd

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  2. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  3. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  4. Reset the Apple TV (Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings)
  5. Restore the Apple TV (Settings > General > Reset > Restore)

Only one mac showing on apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.