Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PPPoE Service will not auto connect at start-up

My new iMac will not auto connecct to PPPoE Service on start-up, but it does connect to WiFi from my DSL modem/router.

When I open System Preferences/Network I can click on PPPoE Service and it does connect, but why do I need to do that each time I start the compter up?

Account name and PW are already in the dialog box... I only have to click "Connect". Tried restarting several times with no sucess.

I have just moved from an older iMac to this new iMac and everything copied over from my CCC Clone using Migration Assistant. Everything seems to be working fine except for the network not connecting as expected (and as it did with the old iMac).

Any hints would be appreciated.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 5:01 PM

2 replies

Oct 10, 2013 7:38 PM in response to Tlix

Thanks for your suggestion.

I checked my setting as you suggest and find that the "Connect automatically when needed" checkbox is already selected. I had the "Disconnect when user logs out" seleted too but have now unchecked it and will try a restart to see if that helps. Not sure if there is any issue with keeping the computer connected at log out.

PPPoE Service will not auto connect at start-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.