Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto just disappeared and I can not find it anywhere, I have tried a lot of things

I have looked for it in finder, on my hard drive, I clicked the apple sign and looked through there (yeah I am not technologically savy to the slightlest.) Iphoto just disappeared. I am worried because I have about 3 and a half years worth of pictures there, and I never ever even tried to delete it or do anything. I use it all the time to get pictures off my iphone and what not. So, is it gone? are all my pictures gone?

If anyone replies to this just know you have to give me very very specific instructions because I hardly have any idea all the weird words I see looking at other posts about this topic.

Thank so much

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Iphoto

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 5:35 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2013 6:19 PM in response to natalieneumiller

So, is it gone?

Look for iPhoto in your Applicaitons folder, then drag its icon to the Dock until it makes room and drop it there, it will make a "shortcut" to the original file in Applications folder.

If you miss, place iPhoto back into Applications and try the Dock again.

If iPhoto is not in the Applications folder, then it will have to be reinstalled, you also likely have other issues with your machine that perhaps a local professional should take a look at it and provide a backup system for you.

are all my pictures gone?

Maybe iPhoto is gone, but your pictures are located in the Pictures folder inside the iPhoto Library.

Right or control key click on the iPhoto Library and select "show package contents" and look for a folder called Masters or Originals, inside will have your orginal copied imported into iPhoto.

You can chose to Finder > Duplicate and move a MastersCopy or OriginalsCopy out onto your Desktop to poke around in or backup to a external drive.

However don't mess around inside (other than duplicting) the iPhoto Library as you'll mess it up.

Iphoto just disappeared and I can not find it anywhere, I have tried a lot of things

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.