Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete tv show purchased. Fully downloaded but do not know how to delete

I purchased a tv show on iTunes, and having watched it, want to delete it from my iPad as it is taking up too much space. How do I delete it?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply
24 replies

Dec 2, 2013 4:47 PM in response to Wentles

Those movies that appear in iCloud should not be taking up any storage capacity on your iPad whatsoever. Those videos in the cloud simply appear in the videos app in order to make it easier for you to download them again or to stream and download them again if you choose to do so.

So to answer the question is that they are no longer taking up space on the iPad - but they never really were anyway.

Dec 26, 2013 8:26 AM in response to diana239

I have been following this thread this afternoon as I have had the same problem on my iphone... I have now followed the last suggestion, and have managed to empty content from the videos app on my iphone. However, of course I now cannot see the music videos either.

I understand what you are saying about the TV show/movies are not actually on my iphone/ipad but in iCloud. Is there any way I can see what content is in icloud and delete from there? I thought maybe I could do this through itunes.?

How to delete tv show purchased. Fully downloaded but do not know how to delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.