Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to DELETE the bookmark icons from Safari New Tab Pages, How to DELETE the bookmark icons from Safari New Tab Pages

I struggle to believe that I am the only person experiencing this problem.

I just hope somebody has the decency to spend a couple of minutes replying with a resolution.

Every time I click the + sign on my iPad, Safari to open a new tab page..

I am greeted by loads of icons / boxes that are links to my bookmarks.

I want to delete those icons / boxes from the page

If I want to visit one of my bookmarks I use the bookmark icon at the top right of the page.

If I long press on the icons they do not wobble / delete

How can I delete them ?

I dislike them so much I am beginning to think that I will have to stop using safari,

and use a different search engine.....but I shouldn't have to.

iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 5:31 AM

These are bookmarks stored in your FAVOURITES folder, so anything in this folder will be displayed by default, this is by design and not a fault.

If you want to delete them click on the bookmarks icon, select the FAVOURITES folder and click EDIT and delete what you don't want.

Regards,

Steve

7 replies

Oct 11, 2013 8:23 AM in response to SmileyEyes

If you don't want to see these bookmarks when you open a new tab and you don't want to delete them you'll need to move them. Now as you probably know there isn't really a move function for Bookmarks in iPad, so what I'd recommend is Tap Bookmarks>Favourites tap one of the bookmarks in this folder and when it loads up save it to another location on your iPad - repeat for all bookmarks in this folder, once done tap Bookmarks>Favourites select EDIT and delete all bookmarks in the favourites folder.

You need to bear in mind that FAVOURITES is simply a folder storage area for Bookmarks so any bookmarks you delete from this folder won't be available under Bookmarks unless you follow the process outlined above.

Steve

Oct 11, 2013 10:37 AM in response to Steve Nicholls

Hi again Steve

Thank You ever so much for taking the time to explain that all to me...it worked !!

I love my iPad.....but I hate it when I don't understand things and can't find the resolution via Google.

I've re saved my bookmarks, and all the pesky icon boxes have gone

I am smiling again

I appreciate your help !

Very Kind regards and have a lovely weekend.

SmileyEyes

How to DELETE the bookmark icons from Safari New Tab Pages, How to DELETE the bookmark icons from Safari New Tab Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.