Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firmware 6.0 : unable to play a movie

Hi,

I have updated my firmware in 6.0.

Since this upgrade, i am unable to play a movie or to buy one.

Have you developped a patch/hotfix regarding this problems?

Apple TV (3rd Generation)

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 5:23 AM

5 replies

Oct 11, 2013 5:47 AM in response to Novocaine75

Welcome to the Apple Community.

1. First you should try logging out of your iTunes Store account (settings > iTunes Store > accounts) and then back in again.
  2. Also check that your location, region and time zone are set correctly, you can only purchase or play content from the store in your location.
  3. If that doesn't help, try resetting the Apple TV (Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings). You should also try restarting your router.
  4. If both of the above don't help, you should try a restore (Settings > General > Reset > Restore).

Oct 15, 2013 12:46 AM in response to ro75

Hello,

Winston, i can not purchase movies/ musics and play my purchased movies too.

I have contacted apple care and for the moment, there is no solution. Apple care sent my request to developpment team and i am waiting.

Apple care assistance tried to find the solution : configuration of new dns on my box, reboot, check itunes client etc....

Firmware 6.0 : unable to play a movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.