Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving Contacts across Apple IDs

My husband and I share an AppleID and I need to get him his own since we both have iPhones now. Is there a way to easily transfer his 400 contacts to his new Apple ID?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 8:58 AM

Before deleting the iCloud account from his device go to:

Settings > iCloud > turn off contacts and choose to keep on phone

Turn off all the toggles, keep the items you want and delete the rest when prompted.

Delete the account from his device

Sign back in with his new account. The contacts(and anything else) on his phone should sync to his iCloud account.

or

Sign in to iCloud.com from a web browser on your computer. Go to Contacts > Select all (Mac: Commad+A / PC: CTRL+A) > Click the gear on the bottom left > Export vCard. Then sign out and back in with his new account > Contacts > Click the gear on the bottom left > Import vCard and navigate to the vCard you exported. Once they are in iCloud the will get pushed to any device he signs in to.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2013 8:58 AM in response to acehamblet

Before deleting the iCloud account from his device go to:

Settings > iCloud > turn off contacts and choose to keep on phone

Turn off all the toggles, keep the items you want and delete the rest when prompted.

Delete the account from his device

Sign back in with his new account. The contacts(and anything else) on his phone should sync to his iCloud account.

or

Sign in to iCloud.com from a web browser on your computer. Go to Contacts > Select all (Mac: Commad+A / PC: CTRL+A) > Click the gear on the bottom left > Export vCard. Then sign out and back in with his new account > Contacts > Click the gear on the bottom left > Import vCard and navigate to the vCard you exported. Once they are in iCloud the will get pushed to any device he signs in to.

Moving Contacts across Apple IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.