Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 Calendar on iPad I cannot go from month view to day view. When I tap on the day of the month nothing happens.

I use to be able to look at my month in the month view and when I wanted to make an appointment for a specific day I just tapped that day and it would open up the day and I could add my appointment to the time slot I wanted. Now when I am in month view and I tap on the day I want to make an appointment it does nothing. If I hold my finger on the day it creates an All Day event which is not what I want to do and even if I add a start time to the event, I don't know what times I have available on that day because the Day view hasn't opened. This is extremely frustrating. On my iphone it works properly...I can go from month view to day view by tapping on the day I want to view. Why can't I do this on my iPad?? If I could go back to ios 6 I would, calendar is not impressive at all!!

Please help with any suggestions or PLEASE APPLE.....FIX THIS!!!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 9:30 AM

20 replies

Oct 26, 2013 12:44 PM in response to DavidKrzy

This is exactly my problem with the new calendar. I have not found a way to quickly and conveniently get into the "day" that I want. I just played with my wife's iPad that has not yet been updated, and wish so much that I could go back to ios6 just to make the calendar functional for me once again. Do you suppose it was a deliberate change or an oversight? I am surprised more people aren't frustrated by this problem.

Nov 3, 2013 9:19 PM in response to Robwl

I am also surprised that more people aren't complaining about this. I even took it into an Apple store and they were stumped. I asked them how I can see my 'day' from month mode. They tried to tap on the day and nothing happened. I must be an oversight as the iphone and the Mac version of iCal works properly. I can't believe that no one else is complaining about this.

Dec 2, 2013 12:59 PM in response to DavidKrzy

I think I figured something out.

If you go to month view then scroll down to (for example) the week of Jan 20th. Place that week right in the middle of the screen. Then tap Day at the top. That will bring up the Day view with that week presented across the top. You can then tap the weekday your interested in.

When you do this, the active day is alwasy Sunday but you can then tap on Wed or whatever.

Mar 14, 2014 11:54 AM in response to DavidKrzy

I just tested, and this unfortunately still seems to be a bug in the latest iOS 7.1 release of the Calendar on the iPad, which is too bad since the release notes suggest that this iOS update included both bug fixes and enhancements to the Calendar.

To my knowledge the bug has never been an issue on the iPhone version of the Calendar which behaves exactly as you would expect it should.

It seems inconcievable given the obvious broken-ness of the current behavior coupled with what I would expect is a massive number of people who use the Calendar on the iPad, but is it possible that this bug isn't on Apple's radar?

I'm happy to submit a bug report; does anyone know offhand the process for how the public can report bugs?

This has been persistent in the product for nearly six months; it's well overdue that this bug be squashed.

Mar 14, 2014 12:08 PM in response to Skinny Jim Compton

I eagerly updated to 7.1 as soon as I could then immediately opened the calendar. To my great disappointment, the iPad calendar was no different. I too had such hope regarding the rumors of calendar improvements. I just don't know if it is a bug or part of the intentional design. Perhaps Apple wants people to purchase one of the many calendar apps? As I have stated before, the calendar prior to ios 7 was a great tool. And yes, the calendar is not nearly so frustrating on the iphone since you can enter the "day" view for whichever day you would like to open. Does anyone at Apple use the calendar?

iOS 7 Calendar on iPad I cannot go from month view to day view. When I tap on the day of the month nothing happens.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.