Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connectivity issue?

Running 10.5.8. Just got it back from the repair shop today. They replaced the housing display rear. When home, I can connect (full connection strength signal) to my home wireless network, but the internet doesn't work at all (or works for a few seconds at most, then cuts off).

When I connect to a different network, the internet works fine.

Other devices on my home network (iPhone, iPad) work fine with the internet.

The only problem is connecting the MacBook to the home network.

Called the repair shop, and they told me to try telling it to forget the network and reconnect, try a different user. Neither solved the problem. They want me to take it back in on Monday, but it's not exactly close (and I'm not sure how they'd investigate without having my home network), so I'd like to try to get it fixed this weekend if possible. I tried a few things found via google search (clear PRAM, clear DNS cache), but no luck there either.

Has anybody had an issue like this? Any suggestions for a fix?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 1:22 PM

3 replies

Oct 11, 2013 6:31 PM in response to Derek823

I know you said that it works on everything else in your house, but here is something to try, just in case. Unplug both your router and your modem. Plug just your modem back in until it has fully synced back up with your provider. After it is fully locked on, then plug in your router. Let it run through its paces and get connected back to your modem. After that is done, try connecting again and see if that works for you.

Oct 12, 2013 3:56 AM in response to Derek823

Ok, in this case, you can simply unplug the modem, wait ten seconds and plug it back in and see if this helps. Was it working before on that combo before the repair? I ask this because there is an issue with those devices where they don't talk to some Apple devices properly in which case you can talk to your cable provider and ask them to come and replace it with another newer model, or ask them to put it in Bridge Mode where you can then plug your own router into the modem and be able to use your own without causing any problems with it being a router feeding a router.

Connectivity issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.